When I was young I always believed in chasing after my dreams, finish school and become someone famous, but the thing is, life is never what you expect.dreams change and so do you. I have spent all of my life preparing for this day.. studying for top grades, learning as much as I can handle and conterminously applying for Universities that is willing to accept me, because as my mum would say that "after you graduate high school, getting into University can set you up for life and that is what you should always aim to do" therefore disappointing them is considerably out of the question thus leading me to where I am now After years of preparations and countless nagging from my parents, I have been nervously awaiting the results of my future and with only a few seconds there it is staring back at me.. an acceptance email to the most renowned school in New Zealand.. Auckland University and studying a degree in Law and Psychology.. with only a few words my whole entire life is set but to tell you the truth Im Scared..
Being in University is quite a scary place to step foot in, I am about to place myself in uncharted territories where I again become a small tiny guppy in a large ocean where no one but only my friends is wanting to know my name and simply my importance becomes extinct.. yet that is only the beginning, my parents and my grandfather expectations are simply unreachable, they ask too much of me and expect nothing but the highest standard, I'm not sure if ever I can live up to those expectation but I will sure try..
University is never going to be easy and its defiantly a long road that I must endure, but a wise person would say, to succeed you must face the obstacle that will always come your way because then you will know that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel..wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment